How Ice Shield Prop De-ice Boots Work
Ice Shield understands the importance of de-icing your propeller. The icing of a propeller can be catastrophic to pilots and passengers. When operators experience icing, they can rely on Ice Shield. Our prop boots prevent ice from forming on your propeller by heating the root of each blade on a "90-second on, 90-second off" cycle. We offer wire-wound patterns for installation on thinner blades, and etched foil designs for maximum durability and longevity.
Features and Benefits
- No 60–90 day lead times — Guaranteed to ship out within 48 hours in the continental US and to US-based freight forwarders
- Quick installation
- Wire-wound patterns and etched foil designs available
- Tapered edge design for easy application and superior aerodynamic transition
- Textured bond surface for excellent adhesion
- Built to survive rain and sand erosion with Aeroguard™ surface technology
- No-hassle warranty
- Easy, direct access to technical support
- Best value for prop boots
Compatability and Certifications
Ice Shield propeller de-ice boots are interchangeable with OEM parts and FAA PMA approved. Please see our complete list of propeller de-icers for eligibility.